About The Event
What is Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight?
A celebration of Scottish food and drink, promoting the benefits
of fresh, seasonal produce.
- Encourage people to discover, buy and enjoy the food and drink
produced on their doorstep.
- Encourage the food industry - from restaurants to retailers and
caterers - to source and champion quality Scottish
- Build Scotland's reputation for excellent quality food and
- Raise awareness of and support the people who produce our food
- Scotland is recognised as the Land of Food & Drink locally,
nationally and internationally.
- A vibrant, profitable and healthy food industry in Scotland
with an increased and sustainable demand for Scottish
- Scottish people of all ages and walks of life are able to make
informed decisions about what they buy, why and when.
Did you know?
Scotland stands for beautiful unspoilt landscapes and for clear
air and pure water.
With some of the best natural produce in the world, the Scottish
food and drink industry is synonymous with quality and
steeped in tradition.
- Scottish farmers have amongst the highest animal welfare
standards anywhere in the world.
- Scotland produces over a billion litres of milk every
- Scottish fish and seafood are favourites at the very top hotels
all over the world.
- Around 80% of all food and drink businesses in Scotland are
- 36 bottles of Scotch whisky are exported every second and
whisky accounts for a quarter of UK food and drink exports.
- More than 360,000 people are employed in the food and drink
sector in Scotland and there are plenty of new opportunities
- Each month of the year there are over 20 seasonal Scottish
products available for us to eat.
- Many food companies help to combat climate change by using
renewable fuel or recyclable packaging.
- Much of the food and drink that Scottish businesses produce
soft fruit, milk, beef - are all key elements in a healthy
- We need farmers, food producers and other food businesses so
that Scotland has food security for the future.
- We would like you to be involved in, and benefit from, that
Please buy and enjoy Scottish food and drink!