Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight highlights the wealth of
produce on offer to consumers and encourages the food industry -
from restaurants to retailers and caterers - to source and champion
quality Scottish produce in order to raise awareness of and support
the people who produce our food and drink.
The aim of the Fortnight is to encourage people to discover, buy
and enjoy the food and drink produced on their doorstep, building
Scotland's reputation for excellent quality produce. Sales of
Scottish brands have risen 22% since 2007 and we aim to support
continual growth. In addition, recent research shows that named
ingredients of local provenance command a premium with
Downloadable promotional material is available from the Materials section of this
website. It includes posters of various designs in A3 and A4
format, shelf barkers and stickers. The logo is also available for
use by request. For more information or to discuss your
involvement, contact email@example.com.
There are countless ways to support the Fortnight. Suggestions
- Highlight unusual ingredients produced in Scotland eg
chocolate, wine, chilli
- Use the Eat Scottish pledge at www.facebook.com/eatscottish as
a sales tool
- Run promotions on Scottish products
- Highlight seasonal produce with '5 a day the Scottish way'
- Offer some different samplers or tasters during the
- Invite a local chef to give a demonstration at the market using
produce sourced from the stallholders.
- Run competitions or raffles, offering prizes such as a hamper
containing produce from the market.
- Link up with your local paper and offer special promotions for
customers during the fortnight.