Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight highlights the wealth of
produce on offer to consumers and encourages the food industry -
from restaurants to retailers and caterers - to source and champion
quality Scottish produce in order to raise awareness of and support
the people who produce our food and drink.
The aim of the Fortnight is to encourage people to discover, buy
and enjoy the food and drink produced on their doorstep, building
Scotland's reputation for excellent quality produce. Sales of
Scottish brands have risen 22% since 2007 and we aim to support
continual growth. In addition, recent research shows that named
ingredients of local provenance command a premium.
Downloadable promotional material is available from the Materials section of this
website. It includes posters of various designs in A3 and A4
format, shelf barkers and stickers. The logo is also available for
use. For more information or to discuss your involvement, contact
There are countless ways to support the Fortnight. Suggestions
- Create themed gondola ends specifically for Scottish producers
making a focal point in store
- Sampling activity in store throughout the Fortnight
- Serve a Scottish dish of the day in you cafe/restaurant
indicating where people can buy the ingredients
- Create a Scottish lunch meal deal
- Invite a well-know chef for cookery demonstrations using
- Run an in-store promotion offering the chance to win a prize,
such as a hamper of produce
- Highlight unusual Scottish ingredients eg wine, garlic
- Use the Eat Scottish pledge www.facebook.com/eatscottish as a
sales tool encouraging people to eat more Scottish produce
- Run promotions on Scottish products including '5 a day the
Scottish way' or similiar
- Make a seasonal calendar available for customers tie this in
with seasonal promotions
- Forge links with local suppliers and increase the amount of
Scottish products you sell. If you do not know any local suppliers,
have a look under Links for advice about where to find them.
- Invite producers to chat to customers or undertake
- Devote space to Scotland's most celebrated brands. Create an
eye catching display of Scottish produce and brand it Scotland Food
& Drink Fortnight, encouraging your customers to be proud of
their local suppliers.
- Deliver a selection of Scottish products to local schools and
businesses, compliments of your shop as a gesture of goodwill.
- Hold a customer evening offering money off products or a
special tasting event.